Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday, October 7th

hello mother,

How blessed we are to be in a day of prophets and apostles to speak to us. I loved conference and I did get to watch it all. Elder Holland and his testimony for the non-believers is in my top three also loved to last talk given by elder christofferson, that man is really smart and I’m awed by his ability to speak to people. Quote of the conference for me was

"the more rules/laws civilizations have, is a sign of how UNcivilized they are"-- wow thats really good to me

Most of the talks to me were about love. Love thy neighbor and help thy friend stuff like that. I felt really bad after the conference and my companion as well. We made amends (that lasted for about a day and a half). But I like the talk about tempered glass and how for it to be tempered it had to be put through high heat and pressure to be like that. The new 70 elder reunland (sp)? who talked about change of heart was also a good one. also elder sitati is my new favorite 70 (and not because he’s black). I really felt for him having to get up in front of the CHURCH!! and speak into a language other then his own, pretty impressive. All in all my conference experience was great. a friendly reminder that here in the mission they don’t put priority on getting the missionaries the ensign or liahona so if you wanted to sent me a letter from the dog and the ensign that would be good.

speaking letter from the dog, you should turn one of those in to your english teacher this week as a “I have a hundred in the class here’s something fun for you to read... I don’t know.

this week is a MIRCLE of GOD we have a baptism. hope everything goes well. I haven’t had a baptism in 2 months and for a missionary that’s not good.

I remember one thing President Hinkley said "if you cant say anything nice don’t say anything at all." so this week was another one with my companion and we only have 5 more weeks of the transfer YEAH YEAH!!!

I’m fine. I’m trying to have the best fun I can and be a good missionary. I love the Lord and know that he is with me in my tribulation. Serving a mission as been one of the better choices I have made in my life. My testimony is growing in ways that I can imagine. My vision of family life marriage and serving in the church is totally and for the better different. I love you all and I’m so grateful for all the support I’ve received.

love you.
Love the one and only elder marx

No comments: