Friday, October 9, 2009

9/28/09:

hello,

Monday came and went and no call about transfers so I’m staying with my comp ... this might be a long transfer...

Our week was good. Some stuff happened in the branch. Between my comp and a member, nothing like love. Contrary, they hate each other. Another elder sent her a present through him and he didn’t give it to her he called president parrella and now that elder is in trouble so she is mad at him. That’s my week. I’m excited for conference and totally going to watch it in english here in bh and we have a investigator for Saturday and with a date (10th of October) so I’m excited for her and for me going to conference.

we just got 2 new elders in the house an American and a Brazilian. they both seem like slobs so it might be hard to keep the house clean, but whatever. they will move out soon like in a week or less. so lets hope I keep my sanity for the next 6 weeks

I’m fine. I love you all I don’t really have much to say today but I love you and wish you all a good conference

love the one and only elder marx


9/21/09:

hey mom,
I don't like my companion. It is the first time in my mission that I can say that I would rather go home then stay with my comp for another transfer. It's that serious ,but I would never go home. Doing the will of the Lord isn't the easiest.

Sunday afternoon we were sitting once again in the house of a member watching soccer. Not knowing what to do after asking 4 times to leave and teach people. I finally called the zone leaders for help. My comp. didn't find that too amusing. In return started... I don't know how to describe it in english, but he like started to yell at me using not swear words, but like unto them. Words like "son of a witch" and "stupid" and other not bad words, but still not nice words. So I walk up the street with him yelling at my side and the zls called back to which he starts telling them of all my horrible things that I do like running on the stairs in the morning* "all by myself", him not knowing what I do. blah blah blah not that important stuff. also telling the zls that I only did this because I want to move up and I had personal motives in calling them. (wrong) Now my companion hates me and the feeling are mutual. now he just walks around the house calling me **shrek and saying others things that are annoying. To the point I can't stand him. One morning it got so bad I almost killed him. I've been praying that the Lord will transfer me. Plz pray for me too, that I will be transferred.

On top of this I’m sick with a running noise and head ache, but it could be worst I could be stuck with crutches...jk. Mom I love you. You’re awesome. If ever you want to make yourself feel better you could always take your money and double it and say you have 50 reis instead of 25 dollars.

Oh I've been hearing in the news that brasil found thing oil reserve of the coast and with it has pay all of the country's debt, and that it will turn into a world power because of it. What are your thought on this? If you have any details those would be nice to know.

... while I’ve been on the computer the mish president just called to talk to my comp. haha good for him.

love you
love,
The One and Only Elder Marx

* I run in the morning on the stairs to excercise
** My comp. is convenced that i look like Shrek , just red not green

I think I just realized I didn’t answer your questions.

because of my comp I’ve been studying a lot about Christ like attributes patience number one on the list. reading through the Book of Mormon in Portuguese is becoming rewarding. I found some old conference ensign in the house from like 2005 and 2006 and 2007 so I’ve been reading through those. In 2005 is when gordan b hinkley did the challenge of reading the book of mormon before the end of the year i think i might do it now cause i didn’t do it then. maybe the promises are still active. I’ve been reading the new testament a lot as well I’m liking it. I have yet to read the old testament I just can get past all those rules in the first five books ... if there wasn’t the true church i sure as heck wouldn’t be Jewish, too many rules. Any suggestion on where to start in the old testament? I’ve heard reading Job makes every body’s life feel better

No comments: