Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

well mom,
this week has been really fun. We have been working hard and starting to see the blessings. We should have a baptism this week of jenny (40+-) she wants blessings of god and to be baptised so she went to church with us last week and wants to be baptised. we told her she has to stop smoking and she is but she will get baptized.

um... we ran into a lot of menos ativos this week (less actives) and they said they would return to church so lets see what satan will bring for them today. one of the MAs we talk to was because we walked a drunk guy back to his house. I'm really glad this guy didn't lose his cookies all over me but when we got to his house his granddauther and his son and dauther-in-law were baptised and they haven't been going to church. So I think that the Lord wants them to return to church um... we got cleber to quit, to stop smoking so he should be going to church this week and tieago is this really kool dude we talked to and he should be going to church this weeek , he know the church is true and the book is blue, we just need to get him to the church.

one thing I'm really going to change and has change while I'm out here is reading the scriptures. Like I'm reading the bom 3 different times right now. once 'cause I started before the mish (with Jenn in a competition and I'm going to win and she is so going to pay for a snowbaording trip to park city) and I want to finish. And another in Portuguese marking when it talks about Christ and names of him (messiah and redemer, etc). And another (in english) 'cause President Frei asked us to read it and mark when it talks about things in our purpose (see page one of preach my gospel). So all different copies of the book and all diferent times of the day, but I like reading in English then in Portuguese 'cause it helps me understand. So in the next little thing you send to me could you throw in some new colors for my marking pen, you can buy them at deseret book for like 1 or 2 and I'm out of yellow and running low on pink, blue, brown, orange. I have red and I have green yeah, just those colors. love you. You're the best mom ever.

No comments: