Tuesday, June 10, 2008


To: The Blog



SPECIAL THANX



Hey, I'm off to Brazil.



I just wanted to say thanx to everyone in my life. You have molded, shaped, or touched me to make me who I am or helped me see what to stand for. A lot of you came to my farewell. For that, I am grateful. To come a long way...for only a 15 min talk... means a lot. It means you care.



I wish a special thanx to a woman of great spiritual stature, Sis. Catherine Higbee. She has been my companion for the last 10 months and has made it the best. I hope to have many more months, even years w/her. She is my best friend and a person I confide in. To her, I leave my heart.



Next special thanx to the toughest crew in the 702. You took a chance on a semi-kool new kid with a nice truck and a popped collar. Through thick and thin, big or small, trucks in ditches, or cops hot on our trail. . ."LEAN!!!" Todd would say or "SHNAZZBERRIES" Russell would say next. May the ROAR of the Dragon ever echo the roads of Vegas. To you, I leave memories.



Last but not least, my familia. Through the ups and downs I've felt your prayers and read your testimonies. My mom and dad have put up with the most. Either late nights or bad tempers. Even short answers to the basics: "Where are you going? Who's going to be there? What are you doing?" Teaching right from wrong, showing me the way. To you, I leave my testimony that the work I go to is the purpose of our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ. I hope to wear his name proudly. I hope to carry the spirit with me and the message of the restoration -- That through the Prophet Joseph Smith this church of Christ was restored. I wish to tell people the way. . .the way to exaltation and returning to Christ. And in the name of Christ, I leave.






3 comments:

Chattin said...

Scotty take care of yourself out there!! I'll be thinking bout ya. Write you soon. I can't wait to hear your portugese when you get back ;)

Jill Johnson said...

Scotty you look like a missionary! You will do great. I am excited to hear about all of your adventures! You will make everything fun I have a feeling! take care!

Ashley said...

Love ya scotty and miss ya.